• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

4 days sober

thebrownone

Bluelighter
Hey all, im a ex ecstasy, opiate, benzo, weed, nicotine user, i have about 4 days completely clean, including cigarettes. im feelin good, ive been workin out for a year now, and already i can feel an improvement in my cardio. but i am having a problem with my temper, and just a feeling of being surrounded by idiots all the time. i dont know what to do with my self. what do sober people do?? any input would be greatly appreciated

They get to be involved fully in life, participate in sports, as well as many fun activities!
Get on your bike and get involved in group activity where you become more motivated!

By the way, CONGATULATIONS for your incredible will power to give up all that combo, and be interested in your health and well being, and participate in life!
Start making dreams now, and go after them!

PS In regards to your temper, how about some Tai Chi, that would help you a lot! Also some deep breathing and meditation
and if you want some more activity to let it all out, get into kick boxing and boxing practice, and that should be of great help!
Look also in the newspaper for various events, and get involved!.......how about some dancing lessons? If you don't have a lady, you might find one with this one!

Hey, it is only 4 days, so if you get cravings, breath deeply, drink plenty of water and move around-don't give into any cravings, strengthen your free will, so make plans from now that you are determant as to what to do when and if cravings kick in, don't try to think at that time of what to do-be prepared and proactive!

Last edited:
thanks so much for your input, lol funny you mention the water thing, ive been drinking like a gallon a day, but i live in florida so i mean shit its hot. im so done with drugs, ive seen what has done to me and my life, and a lot of my friends lives. cravings are the least of my worries at this point. my gf is definetly one thing keeping me sober, but she leaves to college in a month and half, this is definetly gonna be hard time for me as far as staying clean. i dont even drink anymore, if i do it leads me bak to harder drugs by the end of the night every time. i feel like such a bitch sometimes, but talking to people is really one thing that keeps me stable at this point. i feel like i have so much to say about everything it is ridiculous.

Well then, stay away from people who do drugs and drink, so that they don't push your vulnerable buttons while you are on "probation" and talk to people who want to get off, you may be an inspiration to them!
Get a list down of what you would like to get involved in and make a start!
Yah, water is the great cleanser, and when you drink water, besides flushing your system out, you don't feel like having anything else, whether smoking, drinking or anything else! Drink more gallons of it, and find always wherever you go, where the loo is! (lol)

Once you start working out and get the chemicals out of your system your body will get into a normal routine. Especially if you go for a run or gym etc, you will release some of that agressive energy out of your system. Don't have any stimulants for hours prior.
I think everyone has some problem with sleep here and there, it is a matter of finding what keeps you awake and what you do before you go to bed, and try different things until you find your way.

some AA meetings would allow you to talk to others with addiction and get support. You can attend meetings without following the steps.